Nasyam therapy is an Ayurvedic therapy in which medications and herbal extracts are administered through the nasal cavity to treat various complications affecting the region above the shoulder. It is an essential component of the Panchakarma treatment, one of Ayurveda’s five detoxification therapies. Nasya treatment, when done correctly, can help control migraine headaches, sinusitis, breathing congestion, infections, and a variety of other issues.
Herbal oils, medicated powder, and Ayurvedic formulations delivered through the nostrils in Nasyam Panchakarma therapy are absorbed by the blood vessels and circulatory system. They have a calming effect on the nerves because they effectively reach the nervous system through nerve endings in the nasal cavity; they reduce stress and anxiety and promote restful sleep. Furthermore, Nasyam therapy is known to slow down the ageing process and premature greying of hair.
- Treats headaches, migraines, and conditions such as cervical spondylosis.
- Improves the immune system and sense organs.
- Stimulates the brain centres that regulate emotions and relieves stress.
- Improves the complexion of the skin, the health and texture of the hair, and the prevention of premature greying.
- Nasyam improves brain function and may aid in the treatment of paralysis.
- Aids in the treatment of age-related disorders such as muscle and joint pain.
- Increases the activity of the sense organs and protects the individual from brain diseases.
- Smoothe the nasal passages and treats nasal allergies and polyps.
- Toxins are removed from the head and neck area.
- It protects against goitre, tonsillitis, and motor disorders.
- Reduces chronic pain.
- It alleviates insomnia.